Honor My Wishes 

About Us
FacilitatorsFormsLinksOrder Now!

Links to Government Agencies

Aging and Adult Services Administration, Department of Social and Health Services, P.O. Box 45600, Olympia, WA 98504; 800.422.3263 or go to www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov. This agency has a wide range of information regarding Aging, Benefits, Care Giving, In Home Care Insurance, Residential Care, Chronic Illnesses, Functional Disability and more.

Benefits Check Up – On line service of the National Council on Aging available to assist Seniors in determining whether they may qualify for assistance with medical benefits, as well as legal and financial issues. www.benefitscheckup.org

Department of State for the Federal Government: 202.647.5225 or after 10:00 pm EST call 202.647.4000; www.travel.state.gov for issues on deaths while traveling out of the country.

Federal Trade Commission: The FTC is interested in receiving written complaints about problems with purchasing funeral goods and services. Free pamphlet "Consumer Guide to the FTC Funeral Rule." Available by writing to: Federal Trade Commission 915 2nd Ave Floor 28 Seattle, WA 98174 877.382.4537 www.ftc.gov

Federal IRS: 800.829.1040 may assist with questions on forms. To order Tax Information for Older Adults call 800.829.3676.

Health Care Financing Administration: www.hcfa.gov and search by topic.

Medicare Hotline: 800.633.4227 (1.800.MEDICAR) may answer questions about Medicare, policies, insurance fraud and special Medicare beneficiary programs. Additionally, you may inquire by letter for the "Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare" by contacting: Consumer Information Center Department 33 Pueblo, CO. 81009

Seattle Veterans Action Center: 206.625.4656.

Social Security Administration, Seattle: 206.763.9222; Toll Free 800.562.6350.

U.S. Veteran's Administration: 800.552.7480.

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program available through the local IRS office provides services for seniors, non-English speaking taxpayers and the disabled: 800-829-1040.

Washington State Attorney General's Office Consumer Resource Centers: (Statewide) 800.551.4636 (Voice); 800.276.9883 (Hearing Impaired TTD); www.atg.wa.gov

Washington State Department of Health Living: To store your Advance Directive online with the Will Registry, go to www.doh.wa.gov/livingwill.

Washington State Office of Vital Statistics: 360.236.4300. For King County, call 206.296.4768 for filing or obtaining copies of a death certificate.

Washington State Department of Licensing, Funeral and Cemetery Office for complaints against a funeral home, cemetery or crematory: P.O. Box 9012, Olympia, WA. 98507. Phone 360.664.1555.

Washington State Department of Veteran's Affairs: 800.562.2308.

Washington State Ferry System: 206.515.3460, which provides for the spreading of ashes in Puget Sound for free.



Post Office Box 878 • Enumclaw, WA 98022 • (360) 802-8558

Copyright 2005 - 2012 by Honor My Wishes – All rights reserved. First Edition.